We run a free to enter short story writing contest.
- Open theme
- Eligibility: writers of any nationality or age, but entries must be in English
- One entry per person, per month.
- Free to enter writing contest
- Maximum 3,000 words
- This is an ongoing monthly contest. The closing date is the last date of every month.
- Entries should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately, we don't accept postal entries.
- All submissions should be the writer’s original work. Story must not have been previously published.
- Authors retain all rights to their work.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence can be entered into.
- One winner will be selected every month. The winner will receive $50.
- The winning author will be offered the opportunity to publish their story on our online magazine.
- If you are under the age of 18, you must have the consent of a parent or guardian over 18 to enter the contest. The Writing District reserves the right to ask for proof of permission. Entries without permission will be disqualified.
July 2017 Winner
Congratulations to Sharon Frame Gay, our July 2017 winner. You can read Sharon's story here.